Wednesday, July 29, 2009

valeria atondo.

so i was looking through my myspace friends and somehow came across a girl i didn't know. while looking at their profile, i noticed a picture she had with another girl, just smiling and having fun, and i read under it. the caption was

"rest in paradise
valeria atondo
1992-2009"

immediately, i felt sad. and curious. i googled her name to see if maybe i could find out what happened to her. i kind of wish i hadn't. apparently, she was in a car accident in may where the car door flew open and she was ejected from the car. upon reading this i wanted to cry. i felt fear, sorrow, and confusion all at the same time.

i kept looking through my friend list and noticed the fact that a few people's names included things like "r.i.p vale." the one that caught my eye the most was my friend alexis, who i played on a soccer team with about two years ago. she had a whole section in tribute to valeria, with pictures and a long story. apparently they were really close. the things she had to say and the pictures i've seen of valeria seem like she was a nice, fun girl just living like any of us. like her life was abruptly taken away and so was the happiness her friends felt in knowing her. i never knew valeria, but i'm really saddened by her death. i almost feel like had i known her, i would have really liked her and probably have been friends with her. from what i see, she's still alive in everyone's thoughts and hearts, which makes me feel slightly better. she's obviously greatly missed. i hope to one day have the chance of meeting her, up in heaven. hopefully for me that won't be anytime soon, but i can honestly say i've been touched by her story. i never knew her, but i will never forget her.

3 comments:

  1. Reading this brought me to tears, I knew Valeria in Middle school and then I moved when freshmen year came around. I recently moved back to San Diego after 5 years and met up with an old friend and we were talking about our old friends and then she asked me, you remember Valeria? and I was like yeah and when she told me she was in a car accident my heart dropped and when I got home a googled her and it just brought back so many memories. I cant even imagine what her family went through and is still going through. R.I.P Valeria Atondo

    Always in my heart Love, Rugena Dismuke

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew valeria also. its been 9 years since she left our world. she was indeed all those things you said. a wonderful, nice, fun loving girl with a pure heart. she was the most beautiful girl we knew but she treated everyone the same. she was friends with anyone regardless of who you were. i personally saw a very large room full of people who indeed lost the happiness she brought into everyone's lives. i truly believe god needed his angel to come home.
    rip valeria. you are still miss by many every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the misfortune of not knowing valeria, but my mom was in that car crash with her. Thankfully she lived and had the chance to lay her flat till the ambulance arrived. My mom had the privilege of praying for valeria, and soon after she took a breath. My mom didnt learn that she had died until later in the day. Apparently Valeria had invited my moms younger sister, Andrea, to ditch with her, and shortly after thats when they had the accident. I don't believe in coincidences, but i believe everything happens by the grace of God. And i'll never forget the stories of the experience my mom had. I'm currently a highschool student, and never once have a ditched per fear of the same fate. I wish nothing but the best to Valerias family and friends, I recently learned the pain of losing a friend. Jonathan recently took his own life, i had known him for 4 years. He always talked of marrying me after highschool and i played it as a joke. He was bubbly and such a goodball, still doesnt feel real. Rest in peace, Valeria Atondo & Jonathan Morales, may their souls be at rest <3

    ReplyDelete